As experts say, exercise is good for everyone, even for babies. Infants need to get some physical activity to stimulate their growth and help them develop on time. This is why baby jumpers are popular among parents as it provides an easy way for little ones to get moving. These products allow young babies to move more freely on their own, helping them strengthen their core muscles and exercise a bit.
The great thing about jumpers for babies is that they’re easily available nowadays. You won’t have any difficulties in finding where to get one since they’re readily available. There are so many options available that the bigger challenge is in finding one that suits your needs. The number of options can get a bit overwhelming.
So to help you out, we’ve rounded up a number of tips and tricks in how to find the best baby jumper for your little one. Take note of the points we’ve listed down before so you can be sure to invest on the right product for your baby.
What You Need to Know about Baby Jumpers
Baby jumpers is a special seat that’s suspended above with an elastic band or spring system. It is designed to help your baby jump around on their own after they’ve pushed themselves upward with their feet. It allows them to jump while supported by a seat to keep them upright with ample support on their buttocks.
These products may seem straightforward but there’s a lot more to a baby jumper than meets the eye. If you want to get one for your child, you should get to know more about this product so you can be sure that you’re using it properly. Below are some frequently asked questions about baby jumpers that you might be wondering about.
When Can Your Baby Start Using a Jumper?
Babies can practically bob around as soon as they can lift their heads up, but this doesn’t mean that they can instantly be put into a jumpers. Experts say that baby jumpers should only be used once your children are already capable of lifting and supporting their head up unassisted. They can do this at around four months, so a babies jumper can be introduced to your little one by then.
Baby jumpers are also only ideal for infants that can’t walk or climb yet. Once their motor skills are developed up to this point, putting them in a jumper might only cause accidents.
What are the Different Types of Baby Jumpers?
There are three general types of baby jumpers:
- Stationary jumpers come with their own frames or stands, making them convenient to have at home.
- Activity jumpers are feature-packed baby jumpers because they don’t only offer a bouncy seat but also comes with a lot of toys attached to the unit. These products are designed to fully entertain and engage your babies physically and mentally.
- Doorway jumpers come only with the bouncy seat and a door clamp so you can attach it into your doorframe.
Stationary jumpers and doorway jumpers can also be activity jumpers depending on their design. This makes it really easy to find the best jumper for your cute baby because there are so many options available.
Is there Any Safety Concerns Over Baby Jumpers?
Over the years, safety concerns over baby jumpers have been raised by parents. As this product requires you to suspend your baby in the air, a lot of parents are wary about the stability of the unit. The amount of support in the seat is also a point of concern for some parents as some seats might not be able to carry the child’s full weight and can put pressure on an infant’s internal organs.
All of these concerns are very valid. They’re also easily addressed by the best jumpers for babies. This is why you need to choose the right unit for your little one, so you can be sure to only get the benefits of these products.
Tips How to Choose the Best Baby Jumper
So, how do you choose the best baby jumper for your little one? Here are some tips you should keep in mind:
- It should be sturdy. Safety should be your first priority when choosing a baby jumper. This is why you have to be very particular about the product’s quality, construction, and design. It should be sturdy and stable. For stationary jumpers, the base should be stable enough so it won’t tip over. For doorway jumpers, it should have a good clamp design that ensures proper hold. It should also have more than just one elastic to hold all of your baby’s weight. These will ensure that your baby won’t fall into the ground while jumping around.
- It should be comfortable.The seat should provide comfort and proper support to your little. They will rely on their seats since they can’t stand up yet, so these should be nicely cushioned and designed to provide comfort to your kid.
- It should be adjustable.Your infant is quickly growing around the time that they’ll be using a baby jumper so you’ll want a unit with an adjustable height. This way, your little one can use it for a long time and you won’t have to buy a new one after just a month or two of use.
- It should be able to carry a lot of weight. You don’t want a baby jumper to give under your baby’s weight, so you should be mindful of choosing a unit with a high weight capacity. Most baby jumpers can carry 25 to 30 lbs of weight. This is roughly the ideal weight for babies around four to six months, so you shouldn’t worry too much if your little one is in their ideal weight range.
- It should be easy to store. Baby jumpers are not for around the clock use as it can strain your child from the too much physical activity. This is why they should be easy to take down and store. Portable ones are even better, especially if you live in a small space.
- Additional entertainment when it comes to baby jumpers is optional. It’s up to you whether you like an activity jumper or not. If you do want some toys, though, make sure that the ones included in the unit are not easy to detach from the console and are big enough so they won’t be choking hazards. Hopefully, these tips help you learn more about baby jumpers and how to choose the best one for your baby. These products guarantee to engage your infant with various physical and mental activities, making them fun tools in ensuring their development. Choose carefully so you can rest assured that your little one is safe, happy, and entertained in their new career.
Dangerous Baby Products to Avoid- Consumer Report Safety Tips