For the first three months, your baby must be able to lie flat. Reclining strollers are most common, but a carriage with removable bassinet is more versatile. Some models have an extra “sitting” unit.
- A hood shield will protect your baby from rain
- The top lifts off and can be used as bassinet
- Make sure the brakes easy to use
- A basket is useful for carrying changing equipment or shopping
- Safety locks prevent the frame from collapsing when the stroller is in use
- A safety harness will keep your baby securely strapped in
- Locks allow the wheels to swivel or lock for greater maneuverability