Looking for how to choose best swing for baby have become more popular than ever and with good reason. These swings simulate the movement of the womb to soothe babies, plus they have sounds, melodies, and toys to keep them entertained. Of course, not all baby swings are created equal, so you have to pick and choose carefully.
Essential Features to Look For Baby Swing Set
The following are the most important factors that you should look for in any baby swing set. As you’ll see, there are other factors to mull over apart from price.
Read now When Do Babies Crawl Start To Crawl
Different Types of Swings for Home
There are many different types of baby swings, from the simple bare bones to those that are loaded with a lot of features. You may choose a small, affordable unit or a large one with all the bells and whistles. What you buy depends on your budget, available space, and flexibility you’re looking for.
- Power Usage: Baby swings either run on batteries, plugged in or both. If you’re going to buy a motorized swing, keep in mind that some of them generate a humming sound which some babies like but others don’t.
- Safety: This is of paramount importance and should be your primary concern. Make sure that a full-sized swing has a 5 point harness. Don’t settle for a 3 point harness because it’s not as safe as a 5 pointer.
- Motion: The majority of swings move front and back, but a growing number can now go from side to side. Some babies seem to prefer the side by side so it’s something you may want to consider. If you want to try something different look at those swings which are capable of other swinging movements like circular and up and down.
- Speed: Swings offer multiple speed options from slow to fast. Look for one with as many speed options as possible to keep your baby occupied. Start with the slowest speed and change it up to keep them amused.
- Durability: You’re going to put your baby in there so make sure that it’s solidly built. A durable swing set also means you’ll be able to use it as your baby grows or if you have another one.
- Design: The unit should be low to the floor, so your baby won’t be able to flip it over. For your convenience, also look for a fold able unit so you can store it when not in use.
- Easy Cleanup: An overflowing diaper, drool, and spit is going to happen frequently during the early months, so make sure the seat is removable and easy to clean up.
- Comfort: We don’t need to stress how important this is. Don’t settle for anything other than swing sets with premium fabrics, seats that have ample padding and they have to be built for babies.
- Additional Features: It’s been said that you don’t need a fancy swing set to soothe your baby, but other extras are really useful and can help your baby. Among the extras that are actually useful are toy bars, trays, and mobiles. Some even have music or light displays. If the swing has a tray, make sure that it’s the removable type, so your baby fits in comfortably.
How to Choose the Best Swing for Baby! Safety and Consideration
We mentioned briefly the importance of baby swing safety features, but we need to look deeper at the specific features you’ll need.
- Make certain the swing is easy to assemble and disassemble. There may be times you’ll need to disassemble the swing to clean it. The instructions should, therefore, be easy to follow.
- Always keep an eye on your baby while they’re on a swing. Even if the swing is well-made, never put your baby on a swing unless there’s someone to keep an eye on them.
- Inspect the swing on a regular basis, and have the unit replaced if there are problems with it. Pay close attention to the safety harness and ensure it’s properly set.
- If there is a toy bar on the swing, check the toys. They must be secure because your baby is going to reach for them. If one of those toys falls, your baby might accidentally swallow it.
- Sufficient Recline: a 4-month-old baby or younger does not possess sufficient control of their head and neck, so the seat has to be horizontally set, so they don’t slump. Ideally, the recline should be no more than 45 or 60 degrees, and if it’s 50 degrees or higher, a harness should be in place.
- Well-made Base: any swing you buy should have a stable and wide base, so it doesn’t collapse or tip.
Baby Swing Is There Anything Else I Should Know
There are a Few More Things You Have to Think of Consideration:
- Soothing Quality: This is the reason why you’re buying a swing in the first place. When buying a swing, look at its movement, swing direction, and comfort. Babies have different temperaments, so you have to do some research first.
- Variety: Babies get bored quickly, so different sounds are ideal. Nature and musical sounds are the most common but some babies like mechanical sounds as well.
- Usability: By this, we mean how easy is it to put your baby in the swing, and how easily you can take them out. Also included here are the portability, amenities and swing operation.
- Quality: We refer to the overall quality of each piece and its durability. You’ll be using it for extended periods so the swing must be built to last. This doesn’t just refer to the mechanical parts but the fabrics as well, i.e. they must be washable and won’t lose color or luster.
- You also have to consider the complexity of the swing: The more intricate it is, the more likely it’s going to suffer some kind of breakdown at some point. To avoid complications, it’s better to buy a simple swing as they’re less likely to break down. Another advantage of a simple swing is you’ll have an easier time disassembling it.
- Customer Feedback: What do parents have to say about this particular swing? What are their complaints? Are there any serious issues? How does the manufacturer respond to complaints?
- Company Reputation: You don’t want to risk your baby’s safety, So buy only from a reputable manufacturer. Buying from a known company reduces the possibility you’ll end up with a defective product. Furthermore, a reputable manufacturer is more likely to offer good customer support if there is a problem with the swing set.
[su_heading size=”18″ margin=”30″]How to Buy Best Swing for Baby[/su_heading]
Before you purchase baby swing set, make sure that it has a good refund policy and guarantee. Look for a seal of certification and be certain it has never been recalled due to defects or safety issues. Lastly, make certain the best swing for baby conforms to the highest safety standards in your country.
Friends Of Parents: Things parents do that put their kids at risk: how can I keep my child safe on the playground? See also ask yourself: Healthychildren.org