when do babies sleep through the night? here are some ideas and advice to help your beloved little one. “You can kiss goodbye to your peaceful nights once the baby arrives”
Ever heard these words as you eagerly wait for the arrival of your newborn baby? These words can be scarring, yet it is possible to go through such an experience during the baby development period. Some parents have gone through stressing moments simply because their little ones won’t sleep and even when they sleep, it is only for a few minutes before they wake up and fill the room with startling cries. This parent’s guide will help you know when and how to put your baby to sleep through the night especially during those early months.
When Do Babies Sleep Through the Night ?
Although babies are different, most of them normally begin sleeping for long hours at the age of 4 to 6 months. However, some babies only sleep for more than 8 hours continuously once they pass the 6-month mark. According to Danny Lewin, Ph-D. at Children’s National Medical Center, Washington D.C., this can be achieved if you are able to eliminate night-time feedings which can be introduced after the infant is 6 months and above. However, breastfeeding babies might experience a delay in this since breast milk is metabolized relatively faster and therefore your baby might require frequent feeding.
There are some things you can do to help when do babies sleep through the night your baby sleep for a stretch of 8 hours plus at night. These include the following: –
- Put the baby down awake at the right sleeping time for his or her age. This should be between 7.00 and 7:30 for babies below 12 months.
- Avoid keeping your baby up until it is too late into the night. Babies tend to wake up more often, take longer to sleep or even wake up very early in the morning when they stay up late and are overtired.
- Establish and maintain a bedtime routine every night especially after 4 months.
- Use a baby swing and gradually train your baby to sleep without your involvement. This should be done both when the swing is in motion and transitioned to a motionless swing with time.
Bedtime music is good option when do babies sleep through the night helping your babies brain development it stimulates neurons to help your beloved little one to self-sooth themselves the babies will learn to maintain the balance between mind and body. And she slowly falls asleep is the real best help.
Putting the baby down awake
Within the first 6 months, you will need to have known how to put your baby down while still awake and leave them to sleep on their own. If you have not yet mastered this art, don’t despair, this parent’s guide is for you. Most babies are resistant to this kind of arrangement and will only sleep when you rock them. However, others will simply futz and then fall asleep after a few minutes.
How to successfully put your baby down awake
You can use basic techniques to help you put your little one down awake and have them fall asleep successfully. This include: –
Use a baby swing
You can start using a baby swing a few weeks after your baby is born. Baby swings normally play an important role in keeping your baby soothed and entertained as you go about your other businesses. If your baby is less than 6 months old, using a baby swing will be a great idea in helping them fall asleep without demanding your personal assistance.
If your baby only sleeps when you rock, bounce or hold them as you pace up and down, then it is clear that they require a motion to help them fall asleep. If this is the case, placing your little one on the best baby cribs won’t work. Just consider buying the best baby swing such as Fisher-Price Baby Swings, Graco gliding swing, 4Moms MamaRoo or use a professional baby swing buying guide to find your best options available. Baby swings have a soothing motion that will easily put your baby to sleep.
How to use baby swing successfully
Having the best baby swing might not be enough. It is important to know how best to use it to your advantage. This is how to do it: –
- Buy a baby swing that provides you with swing motion adjustment settings.
- Be consistent in the way you use the baby swing. Don’t make it a one-nap thing.
- Choose the best swing speed rate and decrease it gradually once your baby falls asleep (6-5-4-3…). Learn your baby’s needs since some babies will only sleep for a few minutes if the speed is reduced.
- As your baby grows, try to put him or her to sleep on a motionless baby swing. When doing this, make sure you have one of the best baby cribs to transition your baby.
- Always maintain the same sleeping pattern (white noise, sleep time etc).
It is also good to ensure that the baby’s crib is comfortable and safe. One of the ways to do this is to buy the best crib mattress, which should be both firm and comfortable.
We do sleeping environment implements consistent day and bedtime routine, and ensuring good nutrition is the staple. Always consult your pediatrician
Remember that dealing with a baby is an art and you should seek to perfect it. You should also make sure to eliminate any triggers likely to awaken your baby at night when he or she should be sleeping. To do this, always make sure that the temperatures are right (don’t overdo it when clothing or covering your baby), use the right diaper to eliminate discomfort when the baby pees, avoid loud noise in the room or sudden movements. With the right conditions, your baby will sleep peacefully and chances of waking up too often at night will be eliminated.